MINS College of Nursing, Latur, Maharashtra, India is situated in the rural and backward area of Marathwada in Maharashtra. As such, the majority of stakeholders are mainly students from the middle and underprivileged class of the region. It is therefore, the practice of the Management of the College to help these students financially and to bridge the gap between the haves and the have-nots. For this, the college has employed many welfare programs such as:
- Conducting intensive bridge courses to close the gap between the students from the rural and urban areas and from vernacular medium and English medium.
- Earn & Learn schemes for economically backward and deserving students to enable them earn Rs. 1000/- per month for sustenance. Preference is also given to the girl students. Work is provided mainly in the library, reading rooms and girls and boys hostels. While earning, the students develop self esteem and also derive sustenance.
- Considering the high cost of reference books and text books of medical education, Book Bank scheme is conducted in rotation for the benefit of underprivileged students. - Providing encouragement and motivation to the students to participate in various intercollege/interdistrict/ interstate sports and cultural activities for their holistic development. Financial assistance is also provided.
- Awards and appreciation is given to outstanding and deserving students for academic, extracurricular and library activities. - NSS and Rural Health Social Service (RHSS) activities are implemented rigorously to enable students identify poor and underprivileged families from the surrounding villages and provide them with healthcare.
- Regular free medical checkup and treatment camps are conducted in the surrounding villages and also during festival periods where a large number of people gather at one time. Various committees have been set up to conduct these activities and the same is publicized in the institution to enable students to approach the concerned office bearers.
- Amartya Shikshan Yojana Insurance Policy by MUHS, Nashik
- Free medical treatment
- Student teacher mentorship programme
- Gymkhana facilities
- Specious Play grounds.
- Reading rooms in hostels in addition to college are available.
- Eco friendly environment maintained to its highest orders.
- Placement Cell
- Earn and learn scheme to needy students.